Digital Media Planning – Simplified. Only With Centro Platform.
The vast amount of manual work required to plan digital media campaigns today, even in the programmatic space, is almost too hard to comprehend. All told, there are roughly 70 manual steps.
The worst part?
Most of the work is still done in Excel and Outlook, regardless of whether agencies are pitching a large, innovative new campaign or renewing a familiar, quarterly execution.
Manually keying in data, switching contexts to source information, and an overall absence of structured or guided workflow all significantly slow the process down. Additionally, employees at agencies tend to rotate between clients as needs change, creating inconsistencies across teams. The lack of control, paired with the staggering amount of manual work, results in erratic delivery to clients, and often scares agencies into a smaller circle of partners and executions – limiting their abilities and talent.
Snapshot: There’s so much work and manual effort in planning a campaign that it can inhibit an agency from branching out, both creatively and strategically. It’s easier to work with the same partners, time after time, but this restricts the agency’s ability to build the best plan possible and could potentially make them a less appealing partner to clients.
Real Concerns from Real Digital Media Professionals
From a media team’s perspective, strategists, planners, and buyers need to continuously evaluate and work with new partners, and provide clients with a strategically-sound plan. Pain points for this team include a time-consuming process, resulting in lackluster campaigns that are not as strategic, thoughtful, or unique. Media teams also struggle with the inability to easily share information in order to plan better in the future.
It’s often hard to find the time or the resources with the amount of manual effort required when planning a campaign. Assessing partnerships without a template means varied responses from publishers, making it tough to compare and contrast. Additionally, there’s little time and limited resources to meet with and understand new or unique partnerships, so teams often default to a standard set of vendors (typically at an agency these are Google, Facebook, a DSP, and some endemic sellers).
The Solution: Centro Platform
Centro Platform automates many of the manual tasks of planning so that you can focus more on strategy and less on inputting data into Excel. Feel a sense of freedom and empowerment knowing that all your work is in one place, that the system will alert you to items needing attention and will ensure that you receive all necessary information before proceeding. With a rich database of sellers and contacts, new opportunities are a simple RFP away and can easily be compared/contrasted with competing partners to be sure you get what you want.
This is what digital media planning in 2016 looks like. This is Centro Platform.
- Streamlined operations begin with Centro Platform’s planning grid – offering users edit modes and the ability to export/download. It also reduces the need to manually re-enter information.
- Centro Platform’s dashboard offers a personalized view of projects and notes, with simple navigation to keep teams on track. Once complete, campaigns can be archived – which keeps your dashboard clean and your sellers informed.
- Alerts and notifications make for a dynamic to-do list that keeps buyers and sellers collaborating.
- Start the RFP process faster and reduce manual data entry by using Centro Platform’s ability to copy campaigns and plans for simplified renewals or replication.
- RFPs are more uniform and reach sellers faster with Centro Platform. Contact many sellers at once or create custom streams of review depending on client need. Automatic updates on status keeps everyone informed.