Get the Full Picture: Consolidate the Crucial Elements of a Digital Media Buy
Looking to improve digital media campaign performance for your clients? Need to consolidate your research and reporting tools to make sure you’re gathering up-to-date and vital campaign insights? Curious to know if your online media buying efforts are truly working? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve created two new features in Basis with these questions in mind: creative level reporting and expanded property/vendor cards.
Digital Media Buying & Creative Level Reporting
How many times have you, as a digital media professional, found yourself searching for the answer to the age-old question “which of these ads are working?” You’ve spent a large portion of your budget on getting the creative designed and countless hours getting ad campaigns set up, but are the ads reaching the right people and are they pushing the right message? Understanding what’s performing helps you make informed and data-driven marketing decisions. And the answers lie with the creative.
But today, with the digital system set up the way it is, the vast amount of manual work required to report on creative campaigns and individual creatives could make your head spin. Most of the work is still done manually and requires logging into to each delivery source on a media plan – whether that’s DoubleClick, Facebook, Instagram, AdWords, the DSP, and or/Sizmek – and building, pulling, and exporting reports. Time is spent manually entering data, switching contexts to source information, and matching creative delivery data to complex and varying contract data by hand. The overall absence of accurate data or a structured, guided workflow significantly slows the process down. It’s clear as mud, basically.
Creative performance reporting on Basis handles all that time-consuming work for media analysts and planners, which helps speed up campaign optimization, eliminate mistakes, and free up time for strategic thinking and optimizations. More importantly, in Basis, you’ve got a complete picture of creative campaign data in one system. Once you understand how each creative is performing and which perform best, you can optimize for performance and clearly communicate expectations to clients.
Need some more reasons why the Creative Reporting tool will benefit your media planning – and your campaigns?
- Develop insights: Gain an understanding of how a digital campaign is performing against objectives. Slice and dice campaign data points and be able to clearly show your clients a campaign’s performance and creative impact. In the same system, you’re also able to report on other campaign tactics such as ads served using ad tags, paid search and major social media channels
- Analyze performance: Report on creative performance using data from DoubleClick, Facebook, Instagram, AdWords, Basis, and Sizmek – all in one screen. Know when creative messaging has gone stale and when it should be refreshed to resonate more.
- Make informed optimizations: Recommend creative optimizations and game-changing insights that drive performance – things like creative rotations and prioritization of certain ad sizes. Creative performance data will live in the same screen as contract data, giving context to the digital workflow.
Digital Media Buying & Enhanced Property/Vendor Cards
Since its release, Basis came complete with a curated directory of more than 9,000 vendors and 11,000 contacts. We built that feature so media buyers could quickly access contact information for properties during the negotiation and RFP process. But we’ve been perfecting the speeds and feeds since then, and we’re excited to announce that we’ve added some features to our property/vendor cards.
Our expanded cards give planners information across all the different channel offerings of a property, including crucial data points that help inform decision-making like:
- Gain an understanding of all the digital media buying options and inventory available to you on more than 9,000 properties, including direct deals, PMPs, and open auctions. And with information broken down by format and device availability, you can quickly determine if certain properties are a good fit for your strategy.
- Compare and contrast past and current deals, so you’re able to identify areas of campaign success before allocating media dollars and make informed decisions about buys that make sense for your budget.
- Tap into historical data (including contract and pricing data) from prior direct deals that have been struck between your agency and a publisher – even if they were negotiated before your time.
What’s new to the Property Card?
- Direct data includes the average price (broken out by format) that your agency has negotiated with the property over the last 12 months.
- PMP data that lists all of the PMP deals that currently work with that property
- Open Auction data containing the average price (broken out by format and device) paid for that property on the open auction.
What’s new to the Vendor Card?
- PMP tab includes all of the deals associated with the vendor – regardless of property. For example, Conde Nast could have deals from Wired, GQ, and Brides in one single tab.