Centro Academy Welcomes a Group of Programmatic Rock Stars to Chicago
Remember that distinct feeling of accomplishment when you were taking tests in school, and you not only passed the test but aced it? This week, Centro Academy brought that feeling back to the students at our Centro Certified DSP training event. Luckily, all of them aced it!
The programmatic advertising era has challenged all of us in the industry to strengthen our sense of curiosity, ask more questions, and learn new skills. This is exactly why Centro launched Centro Academy. It’s an educational program where programmatic advertising buyers come to our Chicago headquarters and become #CentroCertified in two different tracks:
- DSP Buying Foundations
- Advanced Programmatic Advertising Strategies
During this month’s immersive 2-day program, buyers were trained on a variety of DSP tools and techniques such as:
- Campaign planning
- Conversion tracking
- How to best utilize custom segments
And they learned all of this in an intimate, classroom setting. Because, at Centro Academy, we know that two brains are better than one, and you learn just as much from each other as you do from the sessions. We encourage interactive group work, questions, and getting to know your fellow students. And then, after each day, students are required to take a test to apply what they learned to become #CentroCertified.
So, what were some of our most-talked-about topics and conversations for the March 2017 graduating class? Here’s a sneak peek, but you’ll have to come to our next training event to learn even more!
- Cookies: Who needs cookies when there are now a multitude of ways you can track conversions in the online world? Like offline mobile attribution. Mind blown? Yeah, us too.
- Optimizations: Why does optimizing seem so scary? Does it feel like one optimization will ruin your entire campaign? We discussed why there are no hard and fast rules to optimizing. It’s important to be open to trying new things, but also make sure there is enough data to make sound decisions.
- PMPs: Centro DSP recently released a PMP enhancement that allows buyers to easily buy across more than 900 deals our team negotiates for you. Wondering when and why to you use them? You’re not alone.
- Campaign Planning: It’s easy to get stuck in a rut when it comes to campaign planning and to use the same plan over and over again. Hey, if it works, it works, right? No, not right. Test out different tactics, and let yourself take risks and include new ideas into your plan.
Missed the training event? We have another one coming up next month. Reach out to your Centro representative for more details!