Why Timing is an Important Factor in Advertising Campaigns
Before the days of digital everything, it was impossible to time advertisements in a way that targeted audiences at the moment that would make the most impact on their buying decisions. Today, it’s virtually impossible to realize success from campaigns that aren’t built to touch consumers at just the right time and place.
Get a leg-up on your competitors! Take a look at the reasons the clock should be an essential part of your campaigns, below.
The Importance of Timing in Effective Advertising Campaigns
Consumers are more inclined to make purchasing decisions on certain days of the week and during certain times of the day. Sending your messages into cyberspace without adhering to your audience’s particular habits is a sure way to miss out on ample opportunities to be seen. On the other hand, utilizing tools that will talk to consumers when they’re most likely to pay attention, will allow you to optimize ROI and drive brand awareness.
Data analytics provide the insights needed, to ensure you’re speaking to consumers when they’ll actually be listening. It’s all about understanding consumer behaviors and adjusting your outreach in a way that resonates with them. Pay attention to daily, weekly, and seasonal trends that affect your own unique business, as well as general best practices that will help bolster campaigns overall.
- Mondays are when people make big decisions. If you’re trying to get people to buy big, make sure you’re touching base with them in the beginning of the week.
- Social media is less active on the weekends, however, users usually have more time to read longer articles, watch videos, and engage in meaningful conversations.
- Thursdays and Fridays are ideal days to hit budget-conscious shoppers.
- You’ll find DIYers online on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Late December and the whole month of January offer optimal advertising landscapes for companies to focus on health, wellness, and fitness.
- Mobile text messaging needs to be sent when it’s not too early and not too late in the day.
- Push messages are particularly well-received in the afternoons, Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Email marketing does its best job during bankers’ hours (9-5).
By understanding how consumers interact with your advertising, you’re optimizing marketing efforts without wasting interactions or compromising your bottom line.
Risks Associated with Mistiming Your Marketing Efforts
No matter what your company does—business has certain ebbs and flows. Acknowledging these trends allows you to capitalize on consumers’ attention. Ignoring them means potentially leaving money on the table, regardless of the elements incorporated into your campaign.
Improperly timed messages put your brand at risk by:
- Minimizing outreach while requiring extra effort.
- Missing out on consumers who are prone to make impulse purchases or those who have already done their research and just need some gentle assistance to make it further down the sales funnel.
- Putting off potential consumers by way of spammy advertising.
- Harming your reputation in a way that will create resentment from your audience, because your messaging doesn’t relate to their needs.
Learn more about timing in relation to your campaigns, and more! Request a demo to see how you can automate and optimize your digital media with Centro’s Basis! We’re excited to show you all that Basis can do.